19.4.12

New Music #1

Scissor Sisters has finally came out with a new sound since their last album, Night Work (2010). I actually didn't like their new sound at first, but it has grown on me and now I can't stop listening to these two tracks. Their new album is called, Magic Hour, and their album cover this time is not a picture of a firm ass but rather a picture of Zebras.

For some reason they're showing their love for the horse family with the album cover and their new single, 'Only the Horses'. While 'Shady Love' has no horse reference in the lyrics, the music video does contain a cute little boy in a Zebra costume. I have no idea if they are going to be more horse references in their new album (which I can't wait already); just am a little bit disappointed that they didn't do any ass reference in Night Work.

How I found out about her was unexpected actually. Was watching Scissor Sisters' 'Only the Horses' music video today and this music video was among other music videos that were listed on the right. The caption sort of allured me to click on the link and now she's my new-found love. What got me is that she's a visual artist. I really like the 30s look going on in the music video and her other music videos are visually stunning too.

Now I have to wait until 28th of May to hear her other songs (same day as Scissor Sister's too). The thing about me is that, if I newly discovered someone and that song/album is not the first one, I would not listen to the previous work that the artist had released. Another example is Marina and the Diamonds. Usually when an artist comes out with a new album, their sound grows and it's different than their previous sound. So when I like their new sound, I wouldn't want to know what they sounded like before. It just takes a lot effort for me.